Monday 22 March 2010

Oh no.....

I've been having quite a few "oh no...." moments over the last few weeks of giving up plastic.

I finished up my Marmite. Cant buy a new jar as they have plastic lids....oh no.

I used up my deodorant and toothpaste. Oh no. Can I find replacements without plastic.....watch this space.

My Freeview box appears to have broken. Can't replace it because it's made from plastic. Oh no. (Though my father pointed out it may just be the fuse - I still need to check though unless I can find the spare fuses I have somewhere in the house I may still be TV-less as any new fuses will come packaged in plastic.) So there's an interesting unintended consequence of giving up plastic, I appear to have given up TV as well. I'd love to say that I'm filling the time reading spiritually developing books (it is Lent after all) or even books and research about plastic, but that doesn't appear to have happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment