Wednesday 17 February 2010

Ash Wednesday

"Remember you are dust, and to dust you shall return"

Lent begins today and this year whilst others give up chocolate or alcohol or meat (or indeed nothing at all) I am giving up plastic.

I did this for the first time last year and it proved to be an interesting, and difficult, forty days. So I thought it would be worth trying again this year. And to blog my time in the plastic free wilderness.

Or almost plastic free. For so all pervasive is plastic now that I don't think it's actually possible to live in 21st century Britain without it. But I'm going to try not to gather any new plastic over these forty days. I'm also going to be looking at the issues around plastic: from the raw ingredient (usually oil) to the end disposal. And the alternatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment